Surrogacy Process Overview
As a Surrogate Mother you contract with the Intended Parent(s) to have an embryo transferred into your uterus, to carry a baby to term and to relinquish after birth to the intended parent(s).
Step One – Complete Pre Application & Application Process
- Click on Pre Application. If you answered ‘yes’ to all the survey questions you will be presented with an Initial Application link. You will need to email that Initial Application to us.
- Once we email you that you have met the requirements, complete the Surrogate application.
- Phone consultation with Jackie Gorton, to review your history, answer any questions you may have.
- Sign Medical release so we can obtain your prior delivery records.
- IVF physician completes medical record review of your health history and delivery records.
- Review of medical and life insurance coverage.
- Clear background check.
- Psychological Evaluation
Step Two – The Matching Process with Intended Parents (After you have passed all evaluations of Step One)
- Intended Parents inform us that they are interested in your availability as a surrogate carrier.
- We complete consultation with Intended Parents.
- We set up and facilitate a meeting between Intended Parents and you.
- Intended Parents & you will confirm that you both want to proceed.
THREE – SCREENING
- You and your partner/husband will complete medical screening at fertility clinic.
Step Four – Legal Representation (After all parties pass medical screening).
- An Attorney will represent you to go over the terms of the Gestational Surrogacy Contract. A separate attorney will represent the Intended Parents and the contract will be finalized through the work of these attorneys.
- We send proof of contract and maternity care coverage to fertility clinic as required by fertility clinic before Surrogate will be allowed to start medications.
- Early in the second trimester, The Intended Parents’ attorney will initiate the Pre-Birth Parentage Order so that the Intended Parents’ names are written on the birth certificate.
Step Five – Fertility Clinic Procedures
- You are taught how to prepare and administer medication by fertility clinic nurse.
- This nurse will work out a calendar of your schedule of medications and appointments.
- The transfer date is based on the date that your uterine lining is at the proper thickness and date that the embryos are ready for transfer.
- 12 and 14 days post transfer, you will have blood pregnancy tests at a local lab and if positive, you will have an ultra sound confirming that you’re PREGNANT!
Step Six – We Will Follow UP
- We contact you and the Intended Parents to be sure that you transferred to your OB, that you are receiving your payments on time and that your surrogacy experience is proceeding smoothly.